Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week Two Comments: We've got progress!

I'm still liking this class so there's a positive!

I think what I've enjoyed most is getting more room to become familiar with Illustrator on top of experimenting with a new art style that work with vector imagery. I actually like it!

My only negative is that it takes FOR-E-VER (as in the pronunciation you hear in The Sandlot.) At least for how I draw. This final work has like 70 individual shapes.

I have learned more about the color tab though. Rather than guessing and clicking a random point on the color block I can use the Color Guide to be more defined in shade. Very helpful tool. 10/10 would recommend to a friend.

What I want to do now is try to get 3D vector work going. When I look close enough at my character I can see a 3D figure! It's crazy and I want to make it real!

So to cap it off, I give you one of my favorite non-professional animators Harry Partridge. A lot of his stuff is far from school appropriate, but in this case there's no worry. His Saturday morning cartoon versions of Mass Effect and Watchmen are just plain hilarious! And he does this all himself. Frames color and voices. Inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment