Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week One Comments: In The Beginning, There Was Joel

So, the first true week of school, and I've been kickstarted into animation. Wow.

What I'm liking so far is that what was initially a nervous start with Adobe Illustrator became second nature within a couple days. It's a great application to use and I'm definitely looking into getting a copy for myself.

I'll admit, while I honestly have no problem with the OS and hardware, I dislike that I still can't get very comfortable with the iMac. I did grow up using Windows, but hopefully I can expand soon enough.

I learned that vector drawing really takes some effort to create a pleasing finished product, although the end result is very rewarding. I've never seen lines and colors both that sharp and smooth. It's really something new to me.

I do want to learn how to get more advanced with colors soon. As much art as I make, coloring has always been a weak point.

So let's end it with a favorite band, favorite video, and favorite childhood toy! (Best combo ever). This White Stripes music video was done entirely in stop motion in LEGO. Got pretty famous when it came out in 2002. Now animating music videos is something I wanna try soon!


5 comments:

  1. They do the greatest stuff with stop motion. This is one of my favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4dx42YzQCE&noredirect=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever title! I like :D

    I am still having a hard time with AI because I am so used to other art programs where you can draw a line with the pen tool and fill it in with the paint bucket. How do you deal with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot's of patience and screwing around with the selection tools. You'll get it eventually, but it's pretty confusing to begin with.

      Delete
  3. that video just made me want to do stop motion with legos

    ReplyDelete
  4. that video just made me want to do stop motion with legos

    ReplyDelete