Sunday, April 6, 2014

This Week's Recap: The Gauntlet

No but really, it totally feels like a gauntlet running through one project after another. I've never worked this hard in a year!

I liked getting to chose my own project this time. The Independent study has really allowed me to break more boundaries and try ideas I couldn't have done before.

Many problems have punched through of course. Just lots of obligations and mounting stress. And the microreciever on my gamepad is broke! Gah, the injustice!

I learned that there really needs to be a good balance between quality and efficiency in animation, and I think I've finally gotten close to mine working on the independent study. Hope it keeps that way.

I'd really like to learn how to better clean up my art and motions in flash. I'm sure I'll get better over time, but I'm sure there's some kind of method involved to help at least.

So I went to the movies last night and saw Noah. When I first heard about it, I was entirely skeptic about any success and the whole idea sounded like a failure waiting to happen, but lo and behold, what came of it was actually a very entertaining movie with some very lasting visuals. Most notably: The Watchers. These guys were my favorite part. I think they were animated in some kind of CG stop-motion combo, but I'm still not sure. Either way, it's cool as hell.

Unfortunately I can't find any video of them just yet, so you all will have to stay tight, but the film did feature some excellent animation effects nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment