Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week... 8? Really? 8 weeks?

Man I love this freedom. Just breaking down the walls and doing my own thing is about the best thing ever for an artist.

What I loved this week was getting experimental. I tried all sorts of new poses and camera angles I never thought of before, and stuff I've never even tried in regular art.

I was a little irritated by my slow pace, even if I've already knocked 36 seconds down. I'm planning this to be a minute and a half if all goes to plan. Gotta kick it into overdrive!

What I learned is that any time not spent animating is time that needs to be spent planning. I need to know what I'll do next or it grinds to a halt.

I do want to learn to synch my music to specific actions of the animation, but of course that's something I gotta practice myself.

I found something really cool this week, and I mean REALLY COOL. This Japanese dude spent 4 years making a stop motion film called Junk Head 1. Here's the 10 minute version. The full is coming in a few months!

http://youtu.be/vc2i4pFlqYo

No comments:

Post a Comment