Sunday, February 16, 2014

Your Weekly Comments: Delivered

This week has been really testing my might in 3D, but I'm starting to really meld well with this new concept of art and animation.

I really enjoyed learning to use inverse kinematics. Makes so many jobs much easier in the long run, and animations smoother and easier to produce.

It's disappointing to know how difficult and how long it takes to make a humanoid model. But with Maya in my possession for another 3 years, at least I'll have time to master it.

What I learned most importantly is the relative style that Maya is built on. There's many different paths to reach the same conclusion which makes the software great for all kinds of animators.

I don't know whether I'll do 2D or 3D, but I'm definitely looking forward to learning how to lip synch.

I wrote my essay on Nick Park, and as a treat, I found a good excerpt from his student film A Grand Day Out featuring some of the best animation effects I've ever seen in stop motion. Seriously, they're really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment